Thursday, August 30, 2007

Breaks

Yesterday was a blur for me. My work schedule sends me to bed at about 930am on Wednesdays. I got up at about 2pm and had lunch. At 530, I went to the yoga class at my gym. I don't know why people laugh at guys in that class. I honestly don't. That stuff was HARD! The initial stretching was really good and I realized how inflexible I really am. I figured that my history of climbing would help. Heh! Anyway, after a solid workout of yoga movements, the instructor basically put me to sleep with this weird focus on breathing. My mind just shut down. I was never actually asleep, but I remember laying on the mat and some girl coughed. The sound hurt. It actually caused me pain. It was like taking a knife to each one of my ears and shoving at the same time. A minute or two after, we all sort of woke up and left. That was definitely one of the oddest experiences I've ever had. It also relaxed me more than I realized until later.

I've been on a break from poker for the past couple of weeks. I wasn't playing badly, but I didn't have the touch that I have when I run a table over. I was snapped off in marginal situations where I was ahead and nothing seemed to be working. Anyway, a couple friends of mine had their break-in game for their new table last night. It was really fun. I was never uncomfortable or out of my zone all night. That seemed amazing to me as most of the major players in the FoCo area where there. Oh yeah, Jason showed up and tried to run the table over in the first few hands. AHAHAHAHA! Ramming 92o up his ass was grand! I really feel like the break helped me with my focus and patience. It seems like every time I come back from a break the game just flows easier and I make fewer mistakes. Anyway, sick night.

No comments:

Post a Comment