Monday, November 17, 2008

hmmmm part 3

So, update on the little battle. *sigh* This is so huge. I know I don't have to take it on, but I have this curse called a heart. Right after a short convo about how we don't believe that anyone should throw free will to the wayside, Jon does exactly that. I'm not usually about talking about politics or religion, etc. But it seems to keep coming up in my conversations more and more.
When God created us, he instituted this awesome little thing called "free will" and I believe in keeping that idea. I don't think any philosophy or idea should be forced on anyone.
Then he proceeded to tell me more about how polygamy is such a great thing and how today's society just isn't built for marriage anymore. Marriage was a "religion" thing that Mormons started to keep their religion alive because of something that was wiping out their people. blah blah blah. He continued shoving it down my throat and telling me that "religion" has lied to me and that marriage will only keep a woman's heart until she can take you for everything you are worth.
That is Jon's religion/social philosophy. I don't care if he doesn't serve a god of some sort. I'm not looking forward to the next conversation where I tell him that we cannot talk about his religion any more. I hope that I can say it in a way that doesn't offend him.

No comments:

Post a Comment