Thursday, January 8, 2009

funny story, I'm getting a bit full of myself for a second

Okay, so this is poker related, but I feel it's better here. (I think I posted something on this on my poker blog)

On my birthday, I played poker for the morning/lunchtime. I had lunch with Heather and climbed a bit. Then I decided, REALLY spur the moment, to go play in this tournament at a friend's house. I got there about 20 minutes late and had to wait for someone to bust. But meh, I don't mind running to the fridge for beers for people! They were greatful and it gave me some time to just watch and pick out the fishies.
So, I got in about an hour later, just after first break and started beating the crap out of the live ones. I did it in really REALLY thin situations too. Then I ran hot. my 55>AA allin preflop FTW!!!! Anyway, the fun part!
When we were down to about 8 or 9 players, I stood up for some fun! I made a big deal about it too. "Okay everyone! It is my birthday! Today I am 26 years old!" Some of the players greeted me with happy birthday, etc. "So, you know what that means right? You HAVE to let me win!" A roar of laughter broke out and everyone was cheery! It was awesome.
When we were down to 3 or 4, I hollered over to the cash game that had started up "Hey guys! I was only kidding! You didn't HAVE to let me win!" The banter is something that I will always enjoy among the card games I sit in.
Well, guess what. I won. Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to ME! Happy birthday dear CHAD! Happy birthday to me!
Then I proceeded to blow most of my winnings on a new toy. I invested in a new (to me; refurb'ed) 22" widescreen monitor for my home computer. Happy birthday to me!

1 comment: